Skip to main content

Fall Time Cozy Book Tag


I can’t remember the last time I sit down to write a tag but the lovely Olivia over at Olivia’s Catastrophe – check her out because she’s awesome and very sweet – tagged me this one and since it’s autumn I thought ‘why not?’
The tag was originally created by Sam at Novels and Nonsense, who is one of my favourite booktubers. Let's get on with the questions, shall we?

Crunchy Leaves! The world is full of colour. Choose a book that has reds, oranges or yellows on the cover
Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy. The cover is gorgeous and fits perfectly. Hardy’s story is beautiful and thankfully, not as tragic as his other most well known works and a great choice to start reading him in my opinion.

Cozy Jumper! It’s finally cold enough to don warm, cozy clothing. What book gives you the warm fuzzies?
I’m gonna be very original and answer this with either Harry Potter or Percy Jackson. There is something really special about both of those series. Harry Potter specially. The simple act of reading its passages makes me feel home.

Autumn Storm! The wind is howling and the rain is pounding. Choose your favourite book or genre that you like to read on a stormy day.
Always and forever FANTASY. While the rain drops crash into the window and the wind whistles, the perfect atmosphere is created to make yourself cozy with a blanket, a nice cup of hot chocolate and a big fat book about new worlds ready to be discovered.

Cool Crisp Air! Who’s the coolest character you’d want to trade places with?
This question is so unfair I refuse to choose just one character. I wouldn’t mind being Hermione, Luna, Annabeth or Vin – can you imagine being a Mistborn and be able to control alomancy? Yes, please!

Hot Apple Cider! What under-hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?
Tricky question, this one is and unfortunately, I haven’t been able to come up with a good answer. Most of the books I’ve read are well known or were a few years ago *shrugs*

Coats, Scarves and Mittens! The weather has turned cold and it’s time to cover up. What’s the most embarrassing book cover you own that you like to keep hidden in public?
Any book by Jennifer. L. Armentrout or Richelle Mead can fit in this category. Model covers makes me cringe like no other thing. Not even broken spines have the same effect and believe me I despise broken spines but models in book covers acting all serious and smitten? Take them away for the sake of my sanity – and eyes!

Pumpkin Spiced Latte! What’s your favourite Fall Time comfort food or drink?
Hot Chocolate, no doubt. I love it. With cream and either cinnamon or ground chocolate on top. A warm cup of tea could also make my day.

Warm, Cozy Bonfire! Spread the cozy warmth! Who do you tag?
- Veronika & Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques
- Karin @ Schakarin
- Sabrina @ Sabrina's Stories
And of course everybody who wants to make the tag is welcomed to :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).